Thursday, March 29, 2012

Twenty.

Being an artist is expensive.  When I say expensive I mean expensive, like draining your life savings in order to replace your favorite markers kind of expensive.  I myself just needed to replace a few things in my arsenal and ended up paying over $200.  Now I bought a lot of stuff, and say if I was to go into a crafting store I would have payed almost double that.   Maybe even triple.  My secret? Blick.  I also just found that they have a store not that far from my house! I'll be traveling there from now on.  Squee!






I bought a whole bunch of really neat things.  Like I bought a new grey marker sets, I had to replace my colored pencils since a bunch of them just decided to up and runaway, I also had to replace about twelve of my  colored Prismas.  I also bought a couple of new things to mess around with.  A new skin hue marker set so I can try out some marker portraits with those (I'm super excited about that) and I really, really love my grey Faber-Castell PITT pens, so I bought a colored set of those.  I really like the PITT pens because they're waterproof, and it's like of more like painting than using a marker.  The only downside is that they set extremely fast, almost immediately so if you work fast you can get them to smudge a bit.  When working with them or my Prisma markers I usually also use my colored pencils to aid with the blending, etc.




If you are an artist and have never visited this magical world of discounted art supplies do yourself a favor and do so.  Especially if you're a student, they have even more discounts available to you.


My shopping venture with them today was my first ever and I have to say I was supper satisfied with the sitemap, it was easy to navigate and find exactly what I was looking for and I'll  definitely be buying more things from this site in the future.  The only downfall of buying art supplies online is that you need to wait a little while for them to get to you, it's not like just going down to the store and leaving with it instantly. I just really hate going into stores like you know those two craft stores that everyone has to go to because they have the market cornered.  People are always just so rude to me when I'm in those places and nothing is really organized and I have to go all over the place looking for the things that I need.


In other news this helped to cheer me up some.  
/end nerdy art supply blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment