Monday, December 17, 2012

Forty-Six.


Today's piece was inspired by my dear friend Aesop and his wonderful fables.  This one by a tale titled The Scorpion and the Frog.  It goes like this: [*takes out book of Aesop's Fables**Flips through pages**Finds aforementioned story**Copies From Book*]


A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the
scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The
frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion
says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,
the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of
paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown,
but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Replies the scorpion: "Its my nature..."

What is true about the scorpion in this story is true about the nature of most people, some behaviors are simply irrepressible despite how you are treated and no matter the consequence.  You see this almost daily.

This tale and it's relevance pertaining to certain aspects of my life was on my mind this morning and I just felt like it needed to be illustrated, and then blogged about.  I've been slipping on my blogging but I've been rather proud of my self this year; I've blogged almost every month!  ^_^

Side Note:  I'm extremely arachnophobic, so while I was looking up references for the scorpion tale, etc, I found myself squirming and twitching in my seat on more than one occasion.  Just thought I'd share.

Side Note 2:  I've also been listening to the following song a lot lately.  It reminds me of my Dad, because he and my mom used to play this CD a lot when I was a kid.  True story, apparently this is one of the first songs my cute adorable infant self used to dance to.  I still can't help but shake my butt when I hear it.  & you're welcome. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment