Thursday, July 12, 2012

Twenty-Nine.

I do not watch a lot of TV these days. Mostly because I don’t get any good channels down here except for Disney, and recently not at all because the cable jawn came out of my TV about a month ago as I was hooking up the VCR to watch old Disney movies. Needless to say I’ve been too lazy to hook it back up. So then I have to go upstairs and I just can’t be bothered. Because of this I watch a lot of web video and web shows, though arguably I feel that most media is going to head this way. Anyway, I thought I would share with you a little bit about what I’m watching and my favorite web-series and other YouTube favorites of the moment. 



 My favorite web-series right now is The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. This is a modern day adaption of Jane Austin’s Pride and Prejudice. Ever wonder what it would be like if Elizabeth Bennet had a video blog? Well wonder no more. This story follows Elizabeth “Lizzie” Bennet in Vlog format as she attempts to finish grad school and the crazy happenings that occur because of her mother’s obsession to find rich single men for her daughters to marry. I really adore this series, bringing such a classic story up to modern times in a cleaver and really well done way. Maybe even it will inspire the younger generation to pick up the book and read it. That would be nice, right? New episodes are released every Monday and Thursday and I always can’t wait for more. I embedded the first episode down below, so check it out!

   

Another favorite is this web show called My Music. The show follows employees of a transmedia music production company ran by an eccentric hipster who goes by Indie and his staff who are also addressed by the genre of music that they listen too. I really love how they have put the effort into making these characters “real people.” You can interact with the characters of the show over various social networking sites. The channel puts out four videos a week. A mocumentary episode every Sunday that details the strange happening over at the My Music studios, a live show every Monday, a music news show on Wednesday, and a question and answer show with the staff every Friday. Below is the sitcom version of the first 6 episodes.

   

As many of you know, and anyone who knows me can tell you that I am a HUGE horror nerd.  I love the culture, I love the movies, I love all the creepy toys and other memorabilia; I just can't get enough of it.  So I bring to you blackboxtv.  Blackbox brings you short horror, sci-fi, and thriller films.  I couldn't pick just one episode to show you, so you should just head over to the channel and check them out! ^_^

I’ve also been spending my days re-watching old favorites. One that comes to mind and is sure to give you a good laugh is DBZ-Abridged by Team Four Star. They take Dragonball-Z and just, well, just watch it. There are 42 episodes, so it’s sure to keep you entertained for a while. You’re welcome. 


While we’re on the subject of Nerdy things, I am also in love with the Nerdist Channel, which is brought to us by Chris Hardwick. I am in love with All Star Celebrity Bowling, and can’t wait for the new season. Below is the first episode of season one for you to enjoy. 


I also really love nerdy music video parodies.  Here's an old favorite of mine that recently showed back up in my life, I figured while we're nerding out I might as well share an all things nerdy parody.



Here are some other channels/youtubers that I am currently watching, that you should quite possibly check out.  I mean don't we all just sit on youtube for hours at a time watching crappy shit?  
(listed in alphabetical order by channel name)

No comments:

Post a Comment